In actuality you can use these same steps to choose the best pool builder for your project in any location.You can also use these steps for any major home construction project where you will use a professional builder. The initial step is to take the time to understand how the builder works.
- What “systems” or process does the builder use to understand what you want.
- How much of the work, what jobs, does the builder normally do and what jobs are sub-contracted.
- How does the builder manage the project and job site to ensure safety, security, the provide for the least disruption to you and timely completion of the project.
- How often is the builder or his project manager actually on the job or project site.
- View at least three, more, even eight to ten if you can.
- Know how long each project you visit and inspect has been completed and used.
- When you are inspecting the project look not only at the appearance, but more importantly how is it ageing.
- Are there any cracks, are the patios still level and aligned?
- Are the tiles all tight against each other and still sealed.
- Does the brick or stucco work still look good.
- As for outdoor kitchens check the installation of the counters and cabinets and appliances.
- If you had this project to do over, would you choose the same builder?
- If you were to do the same project again, what would you change or do differently?
The process above may seem cold and analytic, but you will be spending a substantial amount of time and money on your project. Plus living with it for many years. Shouldn’t the process be as objective as possible while assuring that you can also learn what is working best?